Involves a philosophy and an approach which takes into account the interrelationships of many aspects of a person in addition to signs and symptoms. Holistic care providers may look at signs and symptoms as the patient’s expression of underlying processes which need to be addressed. Mind, body and spirit and their interrelationships is emphasized. Patients play an active role in strategic health planning.
Make An Appointment
Check Out The Infographic
Holistic medicine is guided by a belief that education, empowerment and prevention through natural means is the best way to achieve optimal health. Holistic medical practitioners look at the entire body and how each individual body part works with the other.
Guiding principles include:
- Embracing safe and effective diagnostic treatment options that include lifestyle changes Searching for the underlying cause of a disease rather than treating symptoms alone
- Treating the patient not just the disease
- Illness is the cause of dysfunction in multiple parts of the body not just an isolated event
- During the healing process, the patient-physician relationship is paramount
- Encouraging patients to use love, hope, humor, enthusiasm to release the toxic consequences of hostility, shame, greed, depression, fear, anger and grief
- Optimal health is more than the absence of an illness, it’s achieving environmental, mental, spiritual, emotional and social health as well
Treatments & Therapies
Holistic therapies and treatments include everything from acupressure to art therapy. Popular therapies include:
- Applied Kinesiology
- Chinese cupping Therapy
- Inversion Therapy
- And more
How it Works
At Dayton Dandes Medical Center we treat the patient not just the disease. Our practitioners combine holistic principles with conventional and alternative techniques to provide a complete approach to healing. Get on a path towards optimal health. Contact us to schedule an appointment today.