If you suffer from cellulite you’re not alone. Men can experience cellulite; however, 90% to 98% of cases occur in women. While 80% to 90% of women will experience cellulite at some point in their lives, it can feel like you’re the only one. Cellulite often affects a person’s confidence and self-esteem.
Don’t dread another beach season, because of bloating or cellulite. Address that bump and those dimples with lymphatic drainage.
Water Retention & Cellulite
When the body stores too much fat, the fatty cells become large, constricting blood and lympth vessels. This “blockage” prevents the drainage of water and toxins. Unfortunately, this phenomenon is especially common in the thighs and buttocks regions.
Lymph vessels carry 75% of the waste rejected by our cells. One of its main functions is to heal wounds. If lymph begins to circulate poorly due to blockages, vital functions become impaired. This can lead to water retention, cellulite, exhaustion, stretch-marks, and swollen ankles.
Unfortunately it doesn’t take much to cause your body to retain water. Causes include:
• Hormonal fluctuations – most common during the pre-menstrual cycle, many women complain of pain and swelling caused by water retention in the breasts and/or abdomen
• An unbalanced diet – too much sugar or salt
• Intolerance to certain types of food – if our body is allergic to, or his difficulty processing certain types of food it can lead to swelling and water retention
• Side effects from drugs – drugs that treat hypertension, corticoids, and anti-inflammatory drugs often cause water retention.
• Prolonged or frequent standing
• Heat – warmer temperatures dilate blood vessels which can lead to water retention.
• A diet rich in salt – a diet rich in sodium can cause water retention
For patients looking to relieve symptoms, Lymphatic drainage can significantly reduce problems like swelling and cellulite caused by water retention.
Lymphatic Drainage Services
At Dayton Dandes Medical Center we provide electro-lymphatic drainage for patients suffering from bloating, cellulite, exhaustion and more. Don’t hide behind clothing, because of bloating or cellulite. Let us help you regain your confidence in time for summer! Contact us to schedule your appointment today.
Rossi AB, Vergnanini AL (July 2000). “Cellulite: a review”. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 14 (4): 251–62.
Milady’s Guide to Lymph Drainage Massage; Ramona Moody French; Delmar/Cengage; 2004
The articles on this website are not to be construed as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.